BSc in Dialysis Technology
B.Sc Dialysis Therapy technology has been designed to offer eligible candidates a specialization in a wide range of application and technologies involved in the process of dialysis. The course focuses on the treatment of various diseases related to kidney and perform dialysis on patients suffering from kidney failure and require treatment for removing excess waste and fluids from their blood
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME
During the course, candidates are educated about various aspects and equipment used in dialysis treatment and are trained to perform various roles from equipment repair and maintenance to water treatment monitoring, to dialyzer reprocessing, vascular access monitoring as well as direct patient care. The students get an in-depth knowledge about the basic anatomy and physiology, dialysis prescription interpretation, safety and sanitation, emergency interventions, and professional standards and ethics.
Duration: 3+1 years
Two year programme- Advance Diploma in Dialysis Therapy Technology
Three year programme – Bachelor of Science (Dialysis Therapy Technology)
Four year programme – Bachelor of Science Honours (Dialysis Therapy Technology)
ELIGIBILITY: A minimum percentage or equivalent aggregate of 50% is required at the level of 10th & 12th examinations; conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or any other recognized state board of the country.
Graduates of B.Sc Dialysis Therapy Technology have numerous job opportunities not only in India but all over the world. After successful completion of the course, one can find job in various government and private hospitals, and in areas like Outpatient Clinics, Freestanding Dialysis Centres and Educational Institutes, which like most other careers is expected to grow with increasing time, expertise and experience in the field.
Higher Studies Options after B.Sc. Dialysis Therapy Technology course
- Master’s in Dialysis Technology
- Master of Health & Hospital Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Contemporary courses in alignment with job demands.
- Course planning and delivery through attachment with corporate hospitals.
- Special emphasis on practical exposure.
- State-of-art infrastructure.
- Course delivery through well qualified and trained practitioners.
- Clinical attachment and practical training at reputed institutes.
- Placement support
- Possibility of global exposure Earning of credits by online digital courses
- Specialized training, workshop and conferences part of curriculum
- Each student mentored by faculty
- Lab and Simulation Training - state-of-the-art labs and high-fidelity simulation facilities to apply your in-depth knowledge to real-world scenarios.
- Field Practicum - to hone your critical thinking and decision-making skills, and to strengthen your delegation and leadership skills. After having successfully completed the second semester university examination the student will be qualified to commence the clinical postings for 2-3 weeks in each semester in leading hospitals. One-year full time internship in a hospital is mandatory to enable a student to obtain the degree of Bachelor of Science in Dialysis Therapy Technology.
- Clinical Practicum - Hone your assessment, management and communication skills during two hospital-based practicums.
- Inter-professional Education - In order to prepare you for an integrated role within the health care team, you will have the opportunity to work with students from other programs within the School of Health Sciences. Learning activities are designed using a problem-based learning (PBL) model and include high-fidelity simulations, interactive case-based table-top exercises, and collaborative skill acquisition