B.Sc Advance Care Paramedic
As modern medicine becomes more of a team effort, the Advance Care Paramedic makes a difference through action-based learning in critical care settings in hospitals. After the completion of the course the students acquire a strong theoretical framework in areas such as anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, treatments for various medical and traumatic emergencies, adult advanced life support, neonatal resuscitation protocol and assessment skills. Opportunities to practice these skills and integrate theory into practice are provided through simulation laboratory classes.
Duration: 3+1 years
Two year programme – Advance diploma in Advance Care Paramedic
Three year programme – Bachelor of Science (Advance Care Paramedic)
Four year programme – Bachelor of Science Honours (Advance Care Paramedic)
Eligibility: Candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Math’s in class 12th in order to apply for these courses.
Student must have secured 50% marks in Class 12th.
After completion of Bachelor of Science in physician Associate course, students can pick up career in public or private sector as Primary Care Paramedic, Search and rescue technician or Medical attendant. Some job roles for example are:
- Primary care paramedic
- Military medical technician
- Search and rescue technician
- Medical attendant
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Coordinators, tutors or lecturers in educational institutions
- Government hospital
- Private hospital & Private owned clinics
- Colleges & Universities
- Health Care Centre
- Nursing homes
- Master’s inAdvance Care Paramedic– Advance paramedic practice
- Master’s in Advance Care Paramedic— Advance clinical practice
- Master’s in Advance Care Paramedic– Critical Care
- Master of Health & Hospital Administration
- Master of Business Administration
- Well qualified and experienced faculty
- Research oriented programme
- Well Equipped labs for practical demonstration
- Collaboration with multi-specialty hospitals and labs
- Visits to Govt. hospitals and NABL accredited labs on weekly basis for clinical practices
- Interdisciplinary courses
- Earning of credits by online digital courses
- Specialized training, workshop and conferences part of curriculum
- Each student mentored by faculty
- Lab and Simulation Training - state-of-the-art labs and high-fidelity simulation facilities to apply your in-depth knowledge to real-world scenarios.
- Field Practicums - You’ll work with an ACP preceptor in two supervised field practicums to hone your critical thinking and decision-making skills, and to strengthen your delegation and leadership skills. After having successfully completed the second semester university examination the student will be qualified to commence the clinical postings for 2-3 weeks in each semester in leading hospitals. One-year full time internship in a hospital is mandatory to enable a student to obtain the degree of Bachelor of Science in Advance Care Paramedic.
- Clinical Practicums - Hone your assessment, management and communication skills during two hospital-based practicums. You’ll get real-world experience in specialized areas, including emergency departments, operation theatres, and labour and delivery.
- Inter-professional Education - In order to prepare you for an integrated role within the health care team, you will have the opportunity to work with students from other programs within the School of Health. Learning activities are designed using a problem-based learning (PBL) model and include high-fidelity simulations, interactive case-based table-top exercises, and collaborative skill acquisition.